Five juries consisting of a total of 21 persons appointed by the film industry organisations have judged the year's films for the Amanda Awards, which will be presented for the 28th time this year. The juries that have judged the Norwegian films in theatrical release have been led by Jan Eggum.
The Norwegian International Film Festival and the Amanda Committee are proud to present the 2012 Amanda Nominations:
Best Norwegian Film in Theatrical Release
- Babycall, produced by Turid Øversveen for 4 ½ Fiksjon, directed by Pål Sletaune
- Turn Me on, Goddammit!, produced by Brede Hovland and Sigve Endresen for Motlys, directed by Jannicke Systad Jacobsen
- The Orheim Company, produced by Yngve Sæther and Sigve Endresen for Motlys, directed by Arild Andresen
- Pushwagner, produced by Carsten Aanonsen for Indie Film, directed by Even G. Benestad and August B. Hanssen
Best Children's Film*
- Magic Silver 2, directed by Arne Lindtner Næss, produced by Jørgen Storm Rosenberg and Lasse Greve Alsos for Storm Rosenberg AS
- Twigson in Trouble, directed by Arild Østin Ommundsen, produced by Finn Gjerdrum and Stein B. Kvae for Paradox
- Coming Home, directed by Anders Øvergaard, produced by Kathrine Haugen for Filimo Film and Odd G. Iversen for Atomfilm
- Morten Tyldum, Headhunters
- Arild Andresen, The Orheim Company
- Joachim Trier, Oslo, August 31st
- Noomi Rapace, Babycall
- Helene Bergsholm, Turn Me on, Goddammit!
- Kristoffer Joner, Kompani Orheim
- Anders Danielsen Lie, Oslo, August 31st
- Sven Nordin, Sons of Norway
- Aksel Hennie, Headhunters
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Cecilie A. Mosli, The Orheim Company
- Malin Bjørhovde, Turn Me on, Goddammit!
- Linn Skåber, King Curling
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Kristoffer Joner, Babycall
- Jon Øigarden, Varg Veum – At Night All Wolves Are Grey
- Mads Ousdal, Jackpot
- Pål Sletaune, Babycall
- Jannicke Systad Jacobsen, Turn Me on, Goddammit!
- Arild Andresen og Lars Gudmestad, The Orheim Company
- John Andreas Andersen, Babycall
- Marianne Bakke, Turn Me on, Goddammit!
- Jakob Ihre, Oslo, August 31st
Best Production Design / Art Direction
- Roger Rosenberg, Babycall
- Solfrid Kjetså (art direction) and Jørgen Stangebye Larsen (production design), Oslo, August 31st
- Are Sjaastad, Sons of Norway
Best Visual Effects
- Torgeir Sanders and Einar Dunsæd, Babycall
- Lars Erik Hansen and Jan Svalland, Headhunters
- Eirik Aanonsen and Christer Engström, Pushwagner
- Knut Avenstroup Haugen, Fuck Up
- Ginge Anvik, Turn Me on, Goddammit!
- Gisle Martens Meyer, Pushwagner
- Peder Kjellsby, Varg Veum – The Dead Have It Easy
- Jon Endre Mørk, Babycall
- Olivier Bugge Coutté, Oslo, August 31st
- Erik Andersson, Pushwagner
Best Sound Design
- Tormod Ringnes and Christian Schaanning, Babycall
- Nicolai Linck and Andreas Kongsgaard Mogensen, Into the White
- Gisle Tveito, Oslo, August 31st
Best Short Film
- Og leken er god, directed by Vibeke Heide, produced by Vibeke Heide
- Premature, directed by Gunhild Enger, produced by Gudrun Austli for Motlys AS
- Å vokte fjellet, directed by Izer Aliu, produced by Elisabeth Kvithyll for The Norwegian Film School
- The People by the Fjord, directed by Øyvind Sandberg, produced by Jorunn Botne and Øyvind Sandberg for Øy-Film
- Havets sølv, directed by Are Pilskog, produced by Are Pilskog for Blåst Film
- Solace, Karoline Grindaker and Hilde K. Kjøs, produced by Hilde K. Kjøs and Karoline Grindaker for Mica Film
Best Foreign Film in Theatrical Release
- The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, distributed by Scanbox
- Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, distributed by SF Norge
- Hugo Cabret, directed by Martin Scorsese, distributed by UIP Norge
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, directed by Tomas Alfredson, distributed by SF Norge
- Play, directed by Ruben Östlund, distributed by Arthaus
* Since only three Norwegian children's film have premiered during this Amanda year, the jury will select a winner among these three candidates.
The People's Amanda, Gullklapperen (The Golden Clapper) and The Honorary Award
In addition to the 17 awards that have been judged by the professional juries, the Amanda Committee's Gullklapper (The Golden Clapper) and Honorary Award as well as the People's Amanda will be presented during the Amanda Awards ceremony. The People's Amanda is a co-operative effort between the Norwegian International Film Festival, the newspaper VG and TV 2.
The Amanda Awards Ceremony
The final winners will be announced during the Amanda Awards Ceremony, which takes place in a live TV show on TV2 from Haugesund Concert Hall on Friday 17 August, and is part of the Norwegian International Film Festival, which takes place 17 - 23 August 2012.
De nominerte til Amanda for beste norske kinofilm 2012
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal ledet pressekonferansen
Juryleder Jan Eggum